Summer 2017 Activities
Scroll down to see details of each event
or our calendar at http://goo.gl/eAYzNJ
Intercultural Friends Summer Activities 2017
· Fri. 5/19: 6-10pm; 6pm dinner in Chinatown (Shang Hai 1 123 N. 10th St.) then Chinese Lanterns at 8pm Chinese Lantern Festival - Franklin Square $17 buy your own ticket onlinehttp://historicphiladelphia.org/chineselanternfestival/ ….
3 meeting places …. Meet at 5:30 36th & Walnut St. to ride subway together; meet at 6pm Shang Hai 1 restaurant 123 N. 10th St.; meet 8pm 6th & Race St. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-300-2164if going and reply which time and place you will meet us
· Sun. 5/21: 3-5pm; Dramatic Moments in Opera (101 Plush Mill Rd, Wallingford, PA 19086). Featuring Roger’s wife, Joy Converse and others. Music from La Bogheme, The Marriage of Figaro, Don Carlo, La Forza del Destine, Lakme, I1 Trovatore, La Vestale, I1 Tabarro. Admission at door is $15. Contact Roger for more information. email@example.com and mainlineopera.org.
· Fri. 6/9; 4-11pm; - Longwood Gardens outdoor & indoor gardens More than 1,000 acres of outdoor gardens & indoor gardens of various climates & lighted, animated fountains at 9:15.Bring your own picnic dinner. Meet at 3722 Baring St. OR CVS 43rd& Locust: Cost is $20 for non-students; students with ID $20; others are $23 (more discounts for groups over 15). Seewww.longwoodgardens.org
RSVP by 6/7 for transportation Sarah215-300-2164 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Sat. 6/17; 1-6pm; Penn’s Landing Spruce St. Harbor Park; http://www.delawareriverwaterfront.com/places/spruce-street-harbor-park
- Relax in hammocks, enjoy the water & boats, play a variety of free games, or mini golf $5 or roller skating (fee for rink & for skate rental). RSVP if coming to Roger email@example.com 215-964-3563. Meet at 36th & Walnut St. at 1pm or at the Spruce St. Harbor Park at 1:30pm
· Tues. 7/4; 4-11pm "Drop In" Cook-out/Potluck party for America's Independence Day; with Americans and internationals; come anytime and leave anytime; cook-out, bring food to share, make home-made ice cream the traditional way; walk to see fireworks; 3722 Baring St. (about 4 blocks north of Market St.) RSVP if you are coming is appreciated Contact: Sarahsarahivcf@verizon.net 215-300-2164
· Sat. 7/22; 6:30-10:30pm American Rodeo in NJ; Authentic Western Rodeo with roping, bucking horses, bulls, etc. Seewww.cowtownrodeo.com
for more information. Meet at 3722 Baring St. OR CVS 43rd & Locust: Cost: $20 adults, $10 children, $6 for transportation (drivers will be reimbursed) (RSVP by 7/20) firstname.lastname@example.org 215-300-2164
· Sat. 8/5; 10am-3pm; Picnic, boating, & hiking at Bartram’s Garden –meet at 3722 Baring St… OR …. CVS at 43rd & Locust; This is the first professional garden built in the U.S. after Europeans arrived. It is in W. Philadelphia only a few minutes from U. of Penn and Drexel. We will stroll around the gardens, eat lunch together, and take a 30 min. free ride on a row boat or a Kayak (you will paddle the kayak by yourself) – bring your own picnic lunch –.. Contact:: Sarah email@example.com 215-300-2164 RSVP by Thurs. 8/3
· August date To Be Announced –– 9am-10pm - Day Trip to New Jersey Beach: meet at 308 N. 37th St. (about 4 blocks north of Market St. & ½ block north of Lancaster Ave.) OR CVS 43rd & Locust: bring own lunch, blanket or towel to sit on, swimming suit & other clothing, beach balls, toys, or games, sunscreen; Cost: $16 for transportation & parking, about $12 to buy supper at restaurant,Must RSVP by 8/18 (drivers will be reimbursed) Contactrwolcottc@gmail.com 215-964-3563